Dear Friends, shop
The most exciting news we have to share with you this month is that the 3rd Annual Give Nola Day is right around the corner on Tuesday, May 3rd. Please SAVE THE DATE! This is the one 24-hour period when we have an opportunity to donate online to help Healing Hearts for Community Development to continue its life-changing work throughout our community.
Last year, HHCD won the 1st place prize of $10,000 for having the most donors among small non-profit organizations. We used this money to purchase a 15-passenger van to provide transportation for our addiction clients to get to their intensive outpatient groups three (3) times a week. It has been such a blessing for these clients who could not have gotten to their treatment groups. Please help us win again this year. Click to view Facebook Live Video about this story.
On May 3rd, please go to Givenola.org and donate $10 or more to Healing Hearts for Community Development. All donations must be made online to be included in the competition. Watch the Leaderboard all day to see how HHCD is doing.
By supporting HHCD on Give Nola Day, you will:
- Help human trafficking victims through counseling the women at Eden House
- Keep faith-based drug prevention facilitators in area schools
- Save at risk marriages through couples counseling at the Celebration Hope Center
- Provide services for those in need of addiction treatment and recovery
- Help children and adults overcome the trauma of early childhood abuse
- Teach individuals effective anger management skills
- Help people deal with grief from losses in their lives
HHCD would also like to invite you to our Spring Fling-Bar-B-Que and Boil from 12:00 noon until 10:00 p.m. in Club 56 of Celebration Church at 2001 Airline Drive. We will have computers available to help you reach out to your social network. Thank you for your continued help and support.
In His Service,
Freddie G. Landry, M. Ed., LPP
- Thank you for your tremendous support! May 10, 2016